Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Proof that BNI works

Good morning dear readers (whoever you are...why don't you drop me a line so we can get to know each other a bit?) Anyway, I do have some exciting news to share. Thanks to BNI, I am in the process of purchasing my first home. What does BNI have to do with it?
  1. If it weren't for the sales I have made (and will continue to make) from the referrals from my chapter, I would not be able to afford it.
  2. Through BNI, I have a network of professionals who I trust to not only handle the needs for my friends, family and clients, but also for myself personally. Real estate agent, mortgage broker, etc etc etc.
  3. And finally, as I have said in many a BNI meeting, if it weren't for my chapter, I don't think I'd still be in business and I'd probably be back in retail...not making enough money to buy a house in California.

As you would imagine, I am very excited about this milestone in my life. I'm also extraordinarily overwhelmed, frusterated and freaking out. I'll let you know how move-in day goes. :-)

A Member Minute: I like how that sounds much better. Just because you were the prior president (and we are friends) does not mean that you can be an energy leach in the meeting. Your negativity is bringing down the group and really needs to stop. You, of all people, should know that we really don't need that right now.

No comments: